When our General Manager Linda suggested we host an Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea to the team at Mondays morning meeting, she probably didn’t anticipate that we really would be having Australia’s BIGGEST Morning tea… for the whole week! Cake is a no brainer at Independence Studios. Cake for a great cause is too good of an excuse to break the diets and eat cake!
Cancer Council’s Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea is a chance for Australians to get together and raise money for a great cause. 1 in 2 Australians will be diagnosed with cancer by the age of 85. One dollar at a time you are making a real difference helping to fund Cancer Council’s vital research, prevention and support service programmes.
So naturally come 11o’clock on Monday there was already fresh scones, jam and cream in the kitchen!
On Tuesday the kitchen got crazy! Wynona made ‘improvised’ Banana muffins. Louie, our resident master chef, made an amazing flourless lemon and pistachio cake. Ngaire bought in lamingtons and Sam made her delicious never fail brownies!
Sam’s brownies are a crowd favourite in the office, every time she makes them there is a mad rush to the kitchen. Snooze and you loose! Sam has let us in her on her secret this week by giving us her recipe, which is the Nestle Brownie recipe. The recipe is below for anybody hosting a Cancer Council Morning tea in need of a mouth-watering brownie recipe.
Sam’s Easy Chocolate Brownie
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 30-35 Minutes
- 85g butter, cubed
- 1 pkt (180g) NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Dark Chocolate CHUNKS
- ¾ cup (165g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Cocoa
- 30g cornflour
- 1 cup (140g) macadamias, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 pkt (200g) NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE White CHOC BITS
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Grease and line a 20cm square pan with baking paper.
- Melt butter and NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Dark Chocolate CHUNKS in a medium saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, then eggs, one at a time.
- Sift together NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Cocoa and cornflour into a small bowl, then stir into chocolate mixture. Pour into the bowl of an electric mixer, beat using a paddle for 2 minutes or until smooth and glossy. Stir in macadamias and NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE White CHOC BITS, pour into pan and bake for 30- 35 minutes or until just set. Cool in pan. Cut into 16 squares.